On zoom classes, I keep scrolling pdf for lost stanzas
There are ingenious way to be present I am sure
One of them is to write a poem –
A poem that sneezes without closing eyes.
When 6 C comes online a child renames himself
Something this teacher couldn’t invent.
Another discovers the key to take control. Teacher declines.
Then there is one who questions stanza 5 in IF
(second and third line to be exact)
There are ingenious ways to be present I am sure.
Even the birds at 9 a.m know it. After all,
how hard can it be to imagine a sneezing poem when
Outside brown peepul leaves are being crowned
with softer, brighter, greener crowns.
A flock of twittering parrots make it so difficult to look below.
When one unmuted boy with his window open
takes a stand for four fighting mynahs,
he fills the unforgiving minute
with sixty seconds of distance run
The poem has already sneezed.
Last two lines taken from If by Rudyard Kipling
Comments
Post a Comment